CMA Entertainer of the Year Luke Bryan is in mourning this week following the loss of his brother-in-law. He was set to perform and be honored at the CMT Artists of the Year show on Tuesday but cancelled to be with family in Georgia.
Ben Lee Cheshire is the widowed husband of Luke’s only sister,
Kelly, who died back in 2007. The family had three children.
In lieu of Bryan’s absence, a CMT rep told People Magazine “We are going to honor Luke in absentia and will recognize him in only the best way we know how – out of respect for him and his family.”
Lady Antebellum and songwriter Chris Stapleton, paid tribute to Bryan at the show performing his hit song “Drink a Beer,” which was written in honor of his
late brother and sister.
Luke Bryan watched the performance and went to Twitter to give thanks for the support.
“That was amazing. Truly. Thank you Charles, Dave, Hillary and Chris! Beautiful!!! Thank you fans for your love.” -@LukeBryanOnline
Jimmy Kimmel really pushed himself this time by creating one of the funniest moments at this years American Music Awards, that actually happened backstage.
Kimmel sent Guillermo out for some interviews and you’ll have to see for yourself what happened when Luke Bryan, Taylor Swift, and Brantley Gilbert came into the picture.
This week, we’re giving thanks for our favorite things that make us proud Country Girls. Let’s start off with the boys shall we?
10. Kip Moore
We are thankful for his boyish charm and amazing arms.
9. Dierks Bentley
This curly haired, Arizona boy has a soft place in our heart. We are thankful for this cutie pie!
8. Brett Eldredge
We love a Country Boy who’s the quintessential jokester and loves his dogs!
7. Jake Owen
We are thankful for those Abs.
6. Kenny Chesney
Our favorite Island Boy.
5. Garth Brooks
We are thankful for his heartfelt music.
4. Jason Aldean
That smokey voice, and strong attitude.
3. Alan Jackson
We are thankful how Alan makes us think about life, love, and sadness in the most remarkable ways with his music.
2. Luke Bryan
He is the entertainer of the year. We are thankful for his tight jeans and catchy tunes.
1. George Strait
He set the tone for the hunky Texas country boys, and even at age 62 he’s still quite the babe. Thank you George.
1. That time Luke Bryan went hunting and made this face…
2. That time Miranda Lambert was sandwiched in between her husband and Lady Gaga at the Grammys.
3. When Kanye West took on Taylor Swift at the VMAs. We all know how that went down…
4. That time Adam Levine kissed Blake Shelton…
5. And Blake kissed Luke Bryan…
6. And Ellen Degeneres left a special note on Kellie Pickler’s a buzz cut…
7. And Miranda Lambert made these puppies really uncomfortable…
8. But then Jake Owen split his pants!
9. And Kacey Musgrave’s hair brought us closer to God.
10. But all the while Tim McGraw teamed up with Nelly…
And those were some awkward times…
“First of all, I’ve never met Garth before,” said Luke Bryan as he accepted his award for Male Vocalist of The Year at the 2014 CMA Awards.
After a loss for Male Vocalist of The Year, Bryan took the top accolade of the night presented by Country Music Legend Garth Brooks. Congrats Luke!
Are you happy with tonight’s awards show? What were your top highlights? Let us know!
It’s that time of the year. Here are some of your favorite Country Music Stars all decked out for Halloween.
1. Kellie Pickler as Lucille Ball
2. Lady Antebellum as Brooks & Dunn And Reba McEntire
3. Miranda Lambert as Honey Boo Boo
4. Charles Kelly From Lady Antebellum as a Banana
5. Taylor Swift As Chewbacca
6. Kacey Musgraves as a Creepy Girl With A Candle
7. LeAnn Rimes as Sandy From Grease
8. Luke Bryan As The Tooth Fairy
Country Music fans know good music, and we get to attend some of the best concerts around. Here’s why Country Music Concerts are better than other concerts.
1. No Gimmicks
You’ll hardly every find ridiculous, over the top costume changes, acrobats, or twerking (except maybe for Luke Bryan).
2. Singers Actually Sing
There’s no lipsynching going on, just raw, real country music.
It’s a must! Get your tailgate on before the show.
4. They Always Feel Intimate
Whether it’s the humble personality of your favorite Country artist or the acoustic sound of the guitar, Country Music concerts always feel intimate no matter how big the crowd.
5. It’s A Celebration of Culture & Roots
Country Music is not just a genre of music, it’s a way of life.
6. It’s Fun For The Entire Family
Moms and dads, kids, and grandparents. The whole family can go to a Country concert and have a good time.
7. The Memories
You’ll never forget your first Country Music concert.
It’s the drink that tells a story in countless country songs. Whether you’re in love, angry at some boy, or ready for a night of partying, here are 9 songs made for people who love whiskey.
‘Whiskey Lullaby,’ Brad Paisley
‘Round Here,’ Florida Georgia Line
‘Burnin’ It Down,’ Jason Aldean
‘Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound,’ Hank Williams, Jr
‘Jack Daniels,‘ Eric Church
‘Sunshine and Whiskey,’ Frankie Ballard
‘You Don’t Know Jack,’ Luke Bryan
‘You Ain’t Worth The Whiskey,’ Cole Swindell,
‘Jack Daniels,’ Miranda Lambert
Get your tissues ready. We’ve compiled our top favorite moments when Country artists surprise their fans.
1. Taylor Swift (Surprise #1) – The Grammy winner surprised leukemia patient Jordan Nickerson in his room at Boston’s Children’s Hospital with a very special song.
2. Taylor Swift (Surprise #2) – Lowering herself to her knees to be at eye-level with the sweet fan, Swift was totally taken with fan Tripp Stratton as she gave him a goodie-bag full of all the things a fan would love.
3. Miranda Lambert – She wiped away tears as she sang “Over You” to a 7-year-old fan with cancer. Lambert held hands with the young girl in the front row, and couldn’t hold back tears as the crowd finished the song for her.
4. When WGNA found out how much the music of Luke Bryan affects four-year-old Riley, they got Luke on the phone to talk to him.
5. Brett Eldrege – Imagine belting our your favorite Brett Eldrege song in your car while putting on mascara, and then he pops out of nowhere to sing it with you. Well that’s exactly what happened in this video.
After watching all these videos we feel for these Country Music superstars. Life on stage is not all glitz and glamour. Nobody is perfect, and sometimes you might take a good fall on stage. Here are 7 Country Music artists who are a little more clumsy than you think!
1. Carrie Underwood
2. Tim McGraw
3. Miranda Lambert
4. Dierks Bentley
5. Taylor Swift
6. Hunter Hayes
7. Luke Bryan