Earlier this month Garth Brooks debuted a new song on Good Morning America, one he says he should have written along time ago and that rivals “The Dance.”
Get your tissues ready. Watch his memorable performance of “Mom” below.
Although Carrie Underwood is projected to have the biggest country music album next month on December 9, she wont be the only one releasing new music.
Tracy Lawrence’s ‘‘Greatest Hits: Evolution’ and Willie Nelson’s ‘December Day: Willie’s Stash, Vol. 1′ will go head to head on December 2. Nelson will be collaborating with sister Bobbie.
We all know Carrie will take the cake when it comes to sales. But will Willie, or Tracy come on top (beneath Carrie that is)? Who will have a bigger release? In any regard, we’re happy that the older guys can still hang. This just goes to show you that Country Music will always stay Country.
Leave us a comment on your thoughts!
We’ve scoured the internet this Monday and found a rare gem. 10 years ago, Taylor Swift was just a normal little girl in Pennsylvania attending middle school and being a practical everyday student.
But every now and then, a class project comes along that will haunt your dreams for years to come… like this video project about tropical smoothies.
Though her appearance in the commercial was brief, you can spot Taylor Swift’s short “one-liner” about 52 seconds in. We give her mad props because she’s Taylor Swift. Not only that, but her delivery is on point. Watch the video below:
Singer Dustin Lynch had a wild concert last Friday night at the Mullet Festival.
After spraying the audience with champagne, a beer went airborne and chucked him in the face.
Despite an unfortunate would, he kept playing the show like a champ even posing with a selfie.
Poor guy. We hope your face feels better! Have a swift and speedy recovery.
Watch the video below.
Lady Antebellum recently chatted with iHeart Radio on their new album 747, parenthood, and showed off some pretty unique dance moves.
You’ve got to see it to believe it (around the :56 mark)!
How do you like the new Lady A album? Leave us a comment.
Happy birthday to Country Music legend Alan Jackson who celebrates his 56th birthday today. In honor of his remarkable career, we’ve compiled the top 8 songs that defined his career over the years. What’s your favorite Alan Jackson hit? Leave us a comment.
This song is a fun look back at times and coming of age experiences that are universal for nearly everyone.
7. “Drive (For Daddy Gene)”
The title song and second single from ‘Drive’ told yet another simple, story we can all relate to, with Alan looking back on beautiful memories with his father.
6. “It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere”
The song is simple. It’s okay to have a drink anytime of the day!
5. “Little Bitty”
‘Little Bitty’ is another simple song that talks about the everyday joys of the simple life.
4. “Here in the Real World”
After his first single failed, the title song and second single from his debut album rocketed to No. 3 in the country charts.
3. “Gone Country”
Tons of industry folk flocked to Nashville in the 90s to cash in on the Country Music craze. This song is a satire of those people including a struggling country singer.
2. “Remember When”
Jackson again uses his own life experiences and turns them into songs his fans can truly relate to.
1. “Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)”
He debuted this single live at the CMA Awards to a standing ovation. The release became not only a No. 1 hit, but one of the greatest career-defining moments of his career.
1. This Canadian girl went on to be one of the most commercially successful artists of all time.
2. She’s won 5 Grammy Awards
3. She’s sold over 85 million albums worldwide
4. She has the best selling Country Music Album of all time.
5. At the age of 22 her parents were killed in a car accident and she had to support her siblings by performing at a nearby resort.
6. She is know as the Queen of Country Pop Music.
Can you guess who this is?
It’s Shania Twain!
It doesn’t matter how big of a celebrity you might become, every star still freaks out when they meet another artist they truly admire.
Dierks Bentley recently shared with Rolling Stone Magazine some of his biggest ‘fan girl’ moments when meeting his Country Music idols.
One story we couldn’t help but die of laughter from was the time he met Allison Krauss and Dolly Parton while working in the studio.
“Alison Krauss is probably my Number One. She came into the studio to sing on my first record. Dolly Parton was there, too. My dog Jake ran up to Dolly Parton and he put his nose up her skirt. We were like, ‘Oh my God, don’t do that.’ I didn’t know Dolly and she said, ‘Watch out there little doggie, don’t start something you can’t finish.'”
Now that’s the classic quick-witted Dolly we all have grown to love. But if there’s anyone who could put a silly old dog in it’s place, that would be Dolly Parton.
September was a weird month for Country Music. Just see for yourself!
1. Blake Shelton went to work at Pizza Hut.
2. He also did a strange, but hilarious lip synch on the the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon
3. Willie Nelson showed us a crazy card trick.
4. Dierks Bentley was ‘Living On A Prayer.”
5. Miranda Lambert opened up her own bed and breakfast in Oklahoma called The Ladysmith.
6. Luke Bryan had a corn maze made in his own image.
7. Brantley Gilbert became an ordained minister and wants to marry off his fans at an upcoming show.
8. Dustin Lynch fell at one of his shows. At least that’s what we think it looks like.
(Ok, let’s add just two more reasons to make this even more awkward.)
9. Kellie Pickler is the new voice for Mirabelle in the newest VeggieTales movie.
10. And RaeLynn became a unicorn (sort of).