Merry Christmas from Alan Jackson! Watch his performance of “Let It Be Christmas” on Country Christmas. We hope you are spending the day with family, friends, and enjoying the Holiday Cheer!
Ready for some Christmas cheer and Holiday fun? Get these Christmas Country songs on your playlist.
12. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer – Elmo & Patsy
11. If We Make It Through December – Merle Haggard
10. Christmas Shoes – Newsong
9. Oh Holy Night – Martina McBride
8. Merry Christmas From The Family – Robert Earl Keene
7. Pretty Paper – Willie Nelson
6. Beautiful Star of Bethlehem – The Judds
5. Where Are You Christmas – Faith Hill
4. I’ll Home For Christmas – Blake Shelton
3. All Is Well – Carrie Underwood & Michael W. Smith
2. Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
1. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer – Gene Autry
What do you get when one of Country Music’s biggest icons crashes a Justin Timberlake concert? Pure gold and madness.
Garth Brooks joined in with a special duet of “Friends In Low Places” on the 20/20 Tour. Video was captured by Diane Watkins at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.
Do we see a crossover Country album in Timberlake’s future? Only time will tell.
Watch the full performance below.
1. This young lady was born in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
2. Her father worked in a sawmill, while her mother taught elementary school.
3. She attended Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma, graduating magna cum laude in 2006 with a bachelor’s degree in mass communication and an emphasis in journalism.
4. Some of her first jobs included waited tables at a pizzeria, working at a zoo, and at a veterinary clinic.
5. She was recognized by Billboard as Country Music’s reigning Queen
Can you guess who this is?
It’s Carrie Underwood!
Are you feeling down and out today? Need that extra push before taking a break for the holidays? Add these songs to your Country Girl Play list to get you through the week.
1. She’s A Wild One – Faith Hill
2. Man! I Feel Like A Woman – Shania Twain
3. Suds In The Buck – Sara Evans
4. Any Man of Mine – Shania Twain
5. Heads Carolina, Tails California – Jo Dee Messina
6. Who I Am – Jessica Andrews
7. One Way Ticket – LeAnn Rimes
8. Kerosene – Miranda Lambert
9. Hell On Heels – Pistol Annies
10. Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood
11. Ready To Run – The Dixie Chicks
12. Redneck Woman – Gretchen Wilson
1. This young lady was born in Nashville, Tennessee to a Country Music star.
2. She was homeschooled on the road for kindergarten.
3. She auditioned for American Idol twice, but failed to make it through to the judges round in both cases.
4. You can hear her sing background vocals on Luke Bryan’s song, “Do I.”
5. She met one of her bandmates by listening to his music on Myspace.
It’s Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott! Get this hat here.
What do Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, and Jason Aldean all have in common? They are the only platinum selling artists of 2014. In an interview with Express, Aldean reflected upon the best selling Country Album of the year Old Boots, New Dirt.
“We put so much time and passion into choosing the best songs for this album, and this brings a lot of hard work full circle for me. It’s like Christmas came early! I couldn’t do it without the best country music fans in the world, who never stop believing in what I do and always follow me, even if I may take a creative left turn every now and then.”
Unfortunately for fans, they can’t stream his music online. He was one of several artists like Taylor Swift who pulled the album off Spotify. His main intent was to purposely fairly compensate all the individuals who contributed to the album.
Listen to “Burnin’ It Down” the lead single off they album below.
2014 has been nothing short of a phenomenal year for Miranda Lambert. With a couple of CMAs and Grammy nominations under her belt, there’s no stopping this 5.4″ Texas girl with an honest, no apologies charm.
In her down to earth fashion, Miranda Lambert took to social media to announce that she will be on the cover of Marie Claire’s January issue.
She talks marriage, music, insecurities, and losing 20 pounds.
“When you have to walk out there in front of thousands of people, it does feel good to know that your shit’s not jiggling,” she told Marie Claire.
Yup, that’s the good ol’ Miranda we love. We can’t wait to grab a copy! Congrats Miranda, and best of luck in 2015. The issue hits stands December 16, 2014.
What a year it has been for Country Music. We just about saw everything we needed to see in the last 12 months. There were highs, lows, and lots of laughs. We had some incredible, unforgettable times.
Here are 10 of 2014’s s Best Moments in Country Music.
10. The Return of Garth Brooks
Garth came back! After a 13 year hiatus, Garth Brooks made his return to the scene with a new album, tour, and a song that made us love our Moms a little more. Watch his unforgettable performance of “Mom” on Good Morning America.
9. Brantley Gilbert Finds Love Again
After ending his engagement with Jana Kramer, the Country Music star found love close to home.
“I met this little girl 10 years ago,” he explained live on the Bobby Bones show. “She’s a hometown girl who teaches school about a mile up from my house.”
Fun Fact: She’s the girl who inspired his hit “More Than Miles.”
8. Carrie Underwood Shows Her Baby Bump
Our Country American Idol winner Carrie has been sporting a baby bump this year. Watching her grow along the way is kind of like watching your sister go through a pregnancy.
7. Country Music Said Goodbye To Taylor Swift
It wasn’t easy letting go. We grew up singing and listing to her music while getting ready for prom, camping with the girls, and getting our hearts broken. It’s as if every song she wrote was a reflection of our current situation. No, we didn’t date Taylor Lautner, but let’s be real. When you’re 15 and someone tells you they love you, you’re gonna believe them.
6. Two Country Singers Come Out
Billy Gilman and Ty Herndon came out, on the same day. It was a first in Country Music, and the two received nothing but support from fellow artists, fans, and friends.
5. Blake Shelton Lip Synch
Blake Shelton made us laugh a whole lot this year. One of the most hilarious moments came when we did a lip synch with singer Gwen Stefani on Jimmy Fallon.
4. Lady Antebellum Pay Tribute To Luke Bryan
After suffering another devastating loss, Luke Bryan canceled his appearance on CMT Artists of The Year to be at his brother in law’s funeral.
Lady Antebellum took the stage at the awards show and sang their rendition of Luke’s “Drink A Beer,” in memory of his brother in law.
3. Country Music Ice Bucket Challenges
As a means to raise awareness for ALS, Country Artists from far and wide dumped cold buckets of ice water on their heads and took to social media to promote the cause.
2. Girl In A Country Song
Maddie & Tae couldn’t have said it better with “Girl In A Country Song.” The song discussed the roles of women in Country Music, then turned the tables on men in their hilarious music video.
Conway and George Strait never did it this way.
1. Vince Gill Wins Irving Waugh Award of Excellence
The only other country music artist to receive this award was Johnny Cash. Vince Gill is Country Music’s best friend. His incredible contribution to Country Music over the last 35 years is awe inspiring. 18 CMA Awards, 20 Grammys, and over 26 million albums sold. Hats off to you Vince. This award was richly deserved
Very few couples are as in love with each other than Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. In preparation for his performance on A Very GRAMMY Christmas, Tim McGraw talks about his most exciting time at the Grammys.
No, it’s not any of his performances or wins, but the time his wife Faith Hill won 3 Grammy Awards.
“I think I performed three times on the show that night, and I don’t have any recollection of the performance because I was so excited for here,” Tim told CBS.
Tim reminisces about the Breathe album, and that night, along with some of his major influencers. Catch him tonight on A Very GRAMMY Christmas at 9/8c on CBS.
Watch the video below for the full interview.